Moving Guide The Moving Guide
SWISS MOVERS GUIDE
to a successful move.
Planning your moving date
- Read the removal policy.
- Establish property rules before scheduling the move.
- Be aware of weight and height restrictions.
- Check allocated days and times during which moving is allowed.
- Consider differences in cost between moving mid-month vs month-end.
Understanding your Quote
The main factors affecting the cost of removal are:
- The quantity of items will determine the number of loaders required, size of vehicle and packaging materials.
- Accessibility – determines duration of move.
- Distance – affects travel time and thus cost.
Determining services required –
Standard removal service
Contents must be packed prior to Movers’ arrival
- Team and tools supplied.
- Goods moved into designated rooms.
- Assembly and dismantling service provided.
- Insurance required – Standard Goods in Transit cover.
- Packing materials
- Packing service – Supply and pack contents of home.
- Special wrapping service – Wrapping of antiques, art, Valuable furniture.
Tip: Request Mover views your home if it has three or more-bedrooms or if you require the contents of your home packed.
- Ensure you contact utility services and notify relevant people of change of address and cancel any regular deliveries.
- Notify your household insurance broker of your move.
Prepare a moving day kit
Mark a box with essentials for moving day. Include toiletries, change of clothes, light bulbs, flashlight, water, favourite toy/s for children, set of towels and linen, coffee pot, pet food, etc.
Tip: Ensure jewellery, documents, firearms etc., are securely packed away and isolated.
- Draw up a floor plan of your new home and assign a colour to each room.
- Match the colours with corresponding boxes and furniture destined for each room.
- Take inventory: record the number and colour each box and have a spreadsheet listing contents.
- Pack boxes compactly and to the top. Avoid loose packing.
Tip: Declutter and dispose of un-wanted furniture and arbitrary items rather than move them.
Large boxes – light items
Small boxes – heavy items
Packing materials, you may require
- Varying sizes of boxes
- Bubble wrap
- Wrapping paper
- Utility knife
- Packaging Tape
- Colour coded labels
- Clearly mark items to be left behind.
- Ensure your new home is ready and has been cleaned.
- Stay until the movers have finished. Walk around house; ensure nothing has been left behind. Check all windows are closed and the gas and electricity supply are switched off.
- Arrive at new home before removal crew, so you can guide them around the house and coordinate the offloading. Colour code each room.
Swiss Movers is a furniture removal company offering personalized, moving services in Johannesburg, Gauteng. and surrounding areas. Swiss Movers is a moving company based in Bryanston, Sandton. Specializing in both domestic and corporate moves and offer a comprehensive range of furniture removal services including packing and unpacking, special wrapping, furniture storage, Swiss supervision, insurance, packing materials, cleaning service and more. Swiss Movers operate 7 days a week, including public holidays. A moving company that is competitively priced and runs like clockwork. Professional, polite and always on time.
Furniture Removal Companies Johannesburg
Swiss Movers (Pty) Ltd | 076 982 9889 | 011 568 2327 | www.swissmovers.co.za | email@example.com | 256 Bryanston Drive, Bryanston, Johannesburg